[Note: As we go through John’s Gospel together over the next few weeks, I will refer you to fuller comments in my recently published commentary on John’s Gospel, as well as the recently published Bible study guide. In addition, at College Church we are currently working our way through John’s Gospel on Sunday mornings, and that will provide you with another take on the material.]
Take, then, and read a full analysis of this section of John, and instead this morning simply reflect on the following bullet points:
- Read the story of Jacob’s ladder in Genesis 28. What is Jesus saying about how that story is now fulfilled in him?
- If Jesus is the one and only through whom “heaven [is] opened” (1:51), how should we then prioritize our lives?
- How should we emphasize evangelism?
- How should we emphasize missions?
- What comfort does this give us as we face our own mortality?
To receive God Centered Bible devotionals directly in your inbox, sign up here.