9 Ways to Prioritize God’s Word
November 1, 2023
At God Centered Life, why do we have this priority of centering our lives on God? In the shifting cultural context of our world, solid biblical truth can be found in the Word. You can in turn communicate and proclaim it to others. Ecclesiastes 12:13 tells us, “Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.”To fear God and keep His commandments means, among other things, that:
- We build habits of personal devotional times around God’s Word.
- We attend to God’s Word through the preached Word.
- We have a philosophy of guidance that is rooted in God’s Word.
- We do not invent doctrines about God that the Bible does not teach.
- We do not make the Bible talk about things it was not intended to describe.
- We refuse to compromise on culturally controversial but scripturally clear moral issues.
- We have a methodology of evangelism that is sowing God’s Word.
- We have a methodology of discipleship that is growing by God’s Word.
- We move out of nominal allegiance to God to practical obedience to God’s Word.
In all these things, God’s Word prods us in the right direction, secures our spiritual convictions, and shepherds us. And we need to encourage one another as we walk in His Word and communicate it lovingly with our world, in whatever areas God has called us. If I’ve learned one thing in my life it is this: that if I take God at his Word, even if I do not always understand, I am never ashamed. Let’s be strengthened together in the high call of knowing, believing, living, and making known God’s Word.
by Dr. Josh Moody
To receive God Centered Life articles directly in your inbox, as well as other resources, click "subscribe" and fill out the information.